Considering becoming a full-time RV traveler?
Some stuff you need to know, questions you need to ask before you ever set foot at an RV showroom floor.
- What places do you want to visit, States, National Parks, etc.?
- Do you have a tow vehicle? Before you buy a truck pick a trailer.
- What’s the budget for RV & Truck?
- When choosing an RV, think about storage, pets, travel budgets (for example a one-ton truck and a 15K lb trailer fuel cost need to not be a concern. If it is? (See my point).
- Factor in maintenance costs, trailer tires, repairs.
- Insurance cost for the trailer.
- RV park costs, utilities
When choosing an RV to make sure you’re getting an extended service plan. Minimum five years. Have a good roadside assistance plan as well. Having peace-of-mind is far better than winging it.
Cheaper is not better in an RV. Floorplans from trailer to trailer can be the same or close. Cheap is cheap in the RV business. Quality is the call of the day! Ask questions before you buy. What the factory warranty covers and does not. Read customer reviews, what are folks saying about the camper you’re interested in.
With proper research, you will be fine.
Questions I am happy to help: